quarta-feira, 26 de agosto de 2009

One Day



One day I won’t look away,
I’ll hold your stare and my ground and not be afraid to show the real me.
Let you see everything, fall in the pool of your soul and lose myself in its depths.

One day I’ll talk to you,
Say ‘hello’, ‘the weather is nice today’, ‘run away with me’, everything and anything that comes to mind.
I’ll tell you ‘I think of you’, ‘I dream of you’, tell you ‘I love you.’

One day I’ll smile back,
Give into my will and smile broadly at you, unafraid, free.
Show you the brightest side of me, show you the smile I’ve yet to show to anyone else.

One day I’ll touch you,
One, small, meaningful touch,
Let our hands brush as we walk past each other, feel your skin against mine, just for a second.

One day I’ll ask you to hold me,
To let me lose myself in your arms, be surrounded by your warmth, be close to you.
To be enveloped by your scent and presence, completely lost to the world beyond your embrace.

One day I’ll sing to you,
Sing sweetly in your ear, about the clouds and the moon, love and life.
About how the nearness of you affects me,
About what I’d be capable of if I had you.
Sing you my secrets, my dreams, my hopes.

One day I’ll dance with you,
Let you guide me through the age old steps, flowing freely above the ground.
I’ll rest my head on your shoulder and close my eyes.
Lose myself in the rhythm of our movements.

One day I’ll wake up next to you,
Lay quietly hearing you breathe.
Watching the shadows play along your profile.
Learn the planes of your face and study the laughter lines along your cheeks.

One day I’ll be happy to have met you,
Happy to have had you in my life.
Glad you were a part of my days.

One day I’ll look back and laugh at my foolish ways,
Remember the way my heart skipped when you were near,
The way my hands hitched to reach out and touch your face.
I’ll think it funny, sweet…innocent even.

One day I’ll stop looking for you in every corner,
Your memory will subside and life will go on just as it should.

One day I’ll stop dreaming of you,
My mind will stop drifting back to the way you looked at me.
No more snap-shots of possibilities that never were anything other than that…possibilities.

One day I’ll see you again and not be affected by your presence,
Walk past you with a proud smile, because I’ll be free…oh God I’ll be free of you.

One day I’ll stop looking for you in everyone I meet,
I’ll accept someone different,
Someone accessible,
Someone that will love me…

One day I’ll let you fade from my mind.

One day…

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário